Saturday 12 December 2015

...on Struggles

I want to drink.  I don't want to drink.  I want to drink.  I don't want to drink.  I want to drink.  I don't want to drink.

That's how my mind has been working lately.  It thinks it's missing out on some fun.  It really believes that it's been missing out on some fun.

My staff party was last night.  I didn't go.  I wanted to go, but there's a big part of me that's still afraid to show my sober side.   My co-workers hounded me all week to go, because they love the fact that I was the life of the party at every event!

I wasn't a bad drunk.  I wasn't mean.  I was so much fun!  I had confidence.  I was alive.  I didn't give a shit about what other people thought of me.  I miss that!  A lot!

I'm stuck in these "feelings" now.  I'm sober so I have no way of hiding.  I'm trying to find my confidence, again.  It's gone.  I'm trying to be fun and I'm trying to be alive ....and it's so damn hard!  I want to crawl and hide in a big hole.

The only reason I quit drinking in the first place was because I didn't like hangovers or losing sleep.  I also quit for my kids.  They annoyed me every time I drank.  But damn it, I am missing my fun-loving, easy-going, party girl, that was full of life and joy.

My sister went out dancing last night.  I didn't go.  I wanted to go.

I didn't even put my Christmas Tree up yet!  I never did that without drinking!

Argh!

4 comments:

  1. Hi SM!
    I bet you are more fun than you think.
    I have been finding out that I am just as witty and fun sober.
    But it is different.
    I am trying not compare apples and oranges…sober is me now, not the drinking me.
    (Drinking did give me a hyper kind of feeling, so I don't have as much quick energy as I did while drinking…HOWEVER, that didn't last after the 3 glass and more. Then I'd get tired.)
    Can you look at things from a different perspective? Or with different expectations?
    I enjoyed decorating the tree with hubs, but we did it in the morning, so it had a different feel.
    I liked that.
    Hugs sweetie!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy! I am playing the tape to the end...I think it's what's saving me lately. I don't want to be tired again....and sick....
      We are putting our tree up this morning! xo

      Delete
  2. So you've read my post. I bet you feel better now! :) You've made the right decision. The decision I should have made. You are doing all the right things, so keep on doing them. And write about it so I can read it all and learn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Read this...

    http://godwalkedintothisbar.blogspot.com/2015/12/dont-lie.html

    ReplyDelete