Wednesday 15 July 2015

...on AA

Most of my followers know how much I love my AA meetings.  When I walk into those rooms, I feel such a great sense of calmness and spirituality.  So much love.  So little judgement. So much understanding.

I'm blessed to have found many new sober friends through the program.  They've saved my life and I truly believe that my Higher Power has worked through many of them to teach me how to live again....without alcohol.

I found a great article on 12 Things You Should Know About AA

I believe that everyone has to find what works best for them in recovery.  If you're struggling, reach out!  Go to any lengths to stop the cycle.  Find out what works for you!

Have a blessed day!


 photo sob_zps617069f1.jpg

4 comments:

  1. After a rocky start with AA several years ago, I am now finding my meetings to be blessings too.
    I live in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and I have many meetings to choose from.
    I have found some wonderful strong people in these meetings.
    If I listen, I always learn!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy! Are you anywhere near Hazleden? I have a friend who is a counsellor there.... SM

      Delete
    2. You're right with that line Wendy! If I listen, I always learn! So true.....
      Love ya!

      Delete
    3. Sober Mummy,
      I live about 35 minutes away from the main campus there.
      I live in Minneapolis.

      Delete