Wednesday 1 July 2015

... on Choices

Alcohol....  so unhealthy.....

Takes away your sleep.  Dehydrates your cells.  Causes liver disease.  Shrinks the frontal lobes of your brain.  Causes weight gain and bloating.  Weakens your immune system.  Causes depression.  Controls who you are.

Picking up that drink is a choice.   I have a choice to put alcohol into my body and feel sick with all of the symptoms listed up above or I can choose to not pick up that first drink.

I've tried to quit drinking so many times before and every time I went back to drinking, I found myself in the same "unhealthy" place.  Sick.  Tired.  Bloated.  Unhappy.  Sleep deprived.  Miserable. Uptight.  Such a vicious cycle.

There comes a time when you just have to realize and be okay with the fact that you just can't drink like everyone else.  It doesn't make us feel good anymore so why do it?  Cravings?  Thirsty?   There are so many healthier options that will not hurt the body!  And the mind!  And the soul!

I have one body.  I'd rather feed my cells with ice cold water and healthy nutrients from now on.  I want it to last for a long long time.

I've been sober for 6 whole months and I've never felt healthier.  I'm reaping the benefits of not putting alcohol through my body.   I sleep like a baby.  I'm running again.  I'm 2.5 pounds away from my goal weight! (lost 16.5 pounds since I quit drinking alcohol!)  I put on a bikini yesterday for the first time in my life!   I know my liver is doing a happy dance in there.  So happy.  I feel healthy.  I feel my cells tingle with excitement sometimes.  It's a great feeling.  I feel strong.  I'm making a choice and I'm not letting alcohol be in control anymore.  I'm in control.  I'm making healthy choices because I'm worth it!

We are so lucky to have been given the ability to make choices.  Nobody is forcing us to drink alcohol and hurt our body.  It's a choice we are making.  A choice!

Decide on making healthy choices today.... because you are worth it!

 photo sob_zps617069f1.jpg

4 comments:

  1. Happy 6 months!!
    Such a positive post!
    We can look at what we miss or what we have gained by not drinking.
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Wendy
    I love your support. Makes my day. xo
    Have a wonderful sober day filled with love
    Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That post will go on my fridge, like many of your other posts, thank you Jeannette!

    ReplyDelete