Friday 27 November 2015

Today is November 27th.  My sober date is December 27th.  In exactly 1 month, I'd have been sober for a whole year!  Not an ounce of alcohol touched these lips or entered this body!

It's hard to believe that I've come this far on this journey.  It has been quite the ride!

Preparations are underway for my one year "Soberversary".  Cake will be ordered.  My friends will attend.  My one-year chip will be ordered.  It will be a great day for a party!!  My new family in AA has given me the love and support that I needed to get to that day!

I must stay focussed.  I've met a couple of people in the program that were so very close to their one year celebration and picked up a drink.  That just can't happen to me.  I'm aware.  I know how baffling, cunning and powerful alcohol is.  It is so powerful!

I've made myself to be more powerful than the drink!  I've done that, otherwise I wouldn't be here today.  Sober.  Free.  Alive.

One day at a time.


1 comment: