Saturday 14 November 2015

Sobriety is Freedom!

Today I celebrate another hangover-free Saturday.

I love hangover-free days!!  I'm on my 323rd!!  What a miracle in itself!

Today, I get to look out my window and see the snow covered Earth.  Today, I get to sit in stillness and have my morning coffee while writing this post.  Today, I get to feel the air enter my body and my cells rejuvenate with happiness and health from drinking water last night.  I will see my children do something spectacular, even it's just a smile.  I will watch them learn and grow.  I'm not going to miss a thing today.  I'm free.

If someone told me when I first quit drinking how amazing I'd be feeling at this time in my life, I'd have never believed them.  I never thought that I could feel this happy and peaceful without a drink in my hand.

Last year, at this time, I remember feeling sick and tired of feeling sick and tired.  I wasn't healthy in every aspect of my life....physically, spiritually, emotionally.  I felt awful on a daily basis.  I woke up feeling shitty from the night before, and went to bed feeling shitty cause I drank too much.  It was a vicious cycle and I had no clue how to get out of it.

If you are here, like I was last year, I'm telling you the truth when I say that sobriety is freedom.  There is only one way out from the vicious cycle.

Don't pick up a drink today and find help.  


1.  Blog

Write about your journey on a daily basis.  We, sober bloggers, are strong together.  We support and help each other out and never judge.  We have a great community with lots of love and support.

2.  Go to meetings  

AA saved my life...really.   The people at the meetings are my new family, my new friends.  The support and love you get when you walk into the rooms are indescribably!

3.  Send me an Email 

Anytime of the day.  All day.  I will do my best to help you.  We could set up a sober plan for you and get you started.  We could focus on one day at a time.

4.  Friends

(unless they're drinkers)  You need good support and understanding.

5.  Meditation  

This will teach you that it's awesome to sit in stillness.  We are so use to chaos, us drinkers.  We don't have to live that way anymore.  I'm taking an online class on Mindfulness and I'm loving every second of it!  They are everywhere.

 6.  The Big Book

If all the people who knew Bill W. could quit drinking with his words of wisdom and the 12 steps, why couldn't you?  You can read it from the link on my blog.

 7.  Space

Set up a quiet spot in your home.  This should be a space where you can go to breathe when you are overwhelmed.

 9.  Family

(unless they're drinkers)  They should be supportive, understanding and loving.

10.  Pray

Have faith.  Believe in the power greater than YOU.


I continue to do most of these things on a daily basis since I quit drinking in December 2014.  I'm happy with the results.  I'm sober.  I'm free.  I'm healthier than I have been in years!

It's hard as hell on some days, just to get by, but it's worth every step I've taken to get here....

Sober and FREE!

Join me.

Sober Mommy



2 comments:

  1. This is the best!
    I feel the same way!!
    Free of so much pain, and free to be open to life!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogging every day really helps me. I feel stronger because I know there are people who read me and support me. It helps too! Oh... and sober weekends can be blissful.

    ReplyDelete