Thursday 26 February 2015

Day 60!!



I'm am extremely pleased with my progress so far.  I'm pleased with the fact that I've found this new way of living....without alcohol.   

I am truly blessed that things have been pretty easy for me to date.  I haven't had any major cravings or "close calls" of any sort.  I haven't had major withdrawals from alcohol or any major anxieties.  My mind isn't at the: " damn it, I can't have alcohol" stage anymore.  Truth is ..I don't want it.   I have no desire to bring alcohol back into my life.   

I hear horror stories of people having to detox from alcohol or having major health problems when giving it up.  My sisters father-in-law is dying of liver disease from alcohol.  All that shit is scary! All that could have happened to me!  All that could hit my children one day!

I've been living a 40 day challenge since Ash Wednesday. I've had to make a daily intention for 40 days and post to my Instagram account.  I'm hooked!  It's created a beautiful space deep within my soul that allows me to feel and ask the universe for what I want.   I'm living my intentions on a daily basis and I'm living in love, abundance and gratefulness.  I'm living in the present moment because it is all we really have.  I will post some of my intentions to my blog once in a while to remind me of the awesomeness of intentions.

When I was drinking, my mind was so busy....it had to be busy.   I don't remember ever feeling like I was living for me.   I was living for everyone else and I was drinking so that I could forget that I was living for everyone else.  I had fears and anxieties. I didn't like quietness. I didn't like being alone.  I felt like my life was chaos and that was normal for me..oh..so normal.   Drink, cook, clean, kids, run around, pass out, wake up, work, drink, cook, clean.....  You know the cycle.  Everyday.  My life was so hectic that I was starting to drink and drive.  Not much.  One or two before dinner, eat, then do the running around. My daughter would give me shit, get in the car and worry all the way to our destination because I had a drink.  I'd tell her to relax.  I was fine.  I was "allowed" to have a drink an hour.  Only 20 year olds can't have alcohol in their system when they are driving.  WTF!  Really?  What kind of mother convinces her kids that it's okay to have a drink (or two) and drive? The more I drank, the busier my life was....but that was "normal".  Noise, noise and more noise.  We lived in a loud, chaotic home...."normal".   

NOT!!!

I've had so many opportunities and so many event happen to me in the last two months that have shown me that THAT was not normal!

My intention today is "ENLIGHTENMENT".  I will post it later.  But boy, it's about time I'm hit with this word.

There's so much I want to write about!  But damn, my life is busy!  I don't know how I managed doing it all with booze in my life.....

 photo sob_zps617069f1.jpg



(If you're interested in seeing my intentions on my personal Instagram account, send me a message and I'll send you a link.  I don't have it on my Website because of pictures of me and my kids.)

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing when you look back and think - how in the WORLD did I have time to drink?!

    Sounds like your shit is coming together and I am LOVING it! Woo-hoo!!!

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete