Friday 23 October 2015

Nothing Grows In The Dark

This was the title from the Daily Reflection the other day.  Nothing Grows In The Dark.

As I read this one line, I got a glimpse of my life over the past month.  I got a glimpse of me saying these exact words ..."I'm in such a dark place."

And I was.  

In a very dark place.  A place of fear.  A place of anger.  A place of anxiety.  A place of wanting to numb the pain with alcohol again.  It was dark!  I felt stuck there.  It was impossible for me to grow.  We cannot grow until we come out of the dark and see clearly....see the light.....see the love around us......see the blessings in our lives.....

I got consumed with the chaosness of life.  I forgot to sprinkle my own life with my recovery program.  I was too busy worrying about everyone else and I forgot to take care of me!   

And ....as I read those 5 words up above, I thought about the flower.  A flower in a black box would eventually die.   A flower that doesn't get sun, water, or nutrients will perish.

I am the flower.

We are all flowers.

If we don't feed ourselves with the things we need, we will not grow..... and we will eventually die.  We need to nourish ourselves with love, health, recovery, and good people.  This is how we grow.  This is what we need to blossom!

It took a while for me to allow my own petals to come out from under the dirt to let the sunshine back into my life.   But, I'm nourishing me now.  I'm coming back into full bloom.





When we are stuck in the dark place, only we have the power to lift ourselves out from under the dirt..... 

With faith, love and courage, anything is possible.

Where are your petals?

Sober Mommy




1 comment: