Monday 6 April 2015

...on Choices

Today, I am so powerful.  My newfound sense of freedom has empowered me beyond words.  I've learned that I have a freedom to make choices.  I can make good choices.  I can make choices to feed my body with love.  I can make choices to accept all outer circumstances of my being.  I can let go of things that make me uncomfortable.

Choices.  I've always had them.  I've always know them.  But with the booze, my mind was foggy and the choices I made were not healthy.  I wasn't present to even have the courage to make the choices that were good for my soul.

I went to a meeting last night.  I gotta admit.  It was awesome!  One oldtimer came to me and said " God I love seeing you.  You're always so happy and smiling.  Are you living in love lately?"   And.... this was so very powerful.  

I've mentioned this in a post before and I've said it around the tables at AA.  His words made me realize that I do have an impact on peoples lives.  

We really have two choices on how to live our lives on a daily basis.  We can choose to live our lives in fear or we can choose to live our lives in love.  Everyday, I wake up and I make a choice.  I choose to live my life in love!  I choose to feed my body with love.  I choose to love myself unconditionally.  I choose to be around loving people.  I choose to be loving toward the people in my life.  I choose love.  It's an amazing feeling.

When fear tries to set in, I realize that it's normal.  I "feel" it.  I accept it.  I let it go.  

Takes practice.  Love.  The only way to true happiness and freedom.

Celebrating 100 days of sobriety today!!  First time ever!!!  Woot Woot!!
 photo sob_zps617069f1.jpg

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 100 days!!!!!! OMG!!!! So freaking proud of you!!!!

    We DO choose things everyday. When my niece was little and struggling with consequences I used to tell her, "You have power little one. You can do anything thing you want to do no matter what the adults says...but you must be ready for the consequences of your actions." Apparently it was a powerful lesson because it's one she repeats to her own children all the time.

    So I choose to be sober now. I choose to live my life in the light. I choose to read your blog faithfully because it fills me with happiness.

    Enjoy your 100th day!

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on 100 days!!! (actually it looks like 103 days now :) That is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete