Friday 10 April 2015

....on Willingness

When drinking, I live in spiritual, emotional, and physical confinement.

When I first got sober, someone asked "Are you willing to go to any lengths for your sobriety?"  I said yes at the time, but part of me brushed off that questions, thinking..."okay, lady.  Don't exaggerate".  I don't think I understood the deepness of the question.

Today, I am happy to say that I truly understand this question.  Would I go to any lengths to stay sober?  Hell yes!   I'm definitely making it a priority in my life, that's for sure!   Why?  Because I'm discovering who I am!  And I'm loving it! 

Because I am willing to go to any lengths to get sober, I am finding a new sense of freedom.   I am willing to go to meetings.  I am willing to reach out.  I was willing to get a sponsor who is on my ass.  I am willing to surrender.  I will not pick up that first drink. I am willing and ready to "feel" the feelings that come upon me on a daily basis. 

Willingness comes from somewhere deep inside.  It usually requires a lot of work and energy but the benefits of being willing to go to any lengths are amazing!  But it does require work, every single day.  It begins when I first open my eyes in the morning.  It begins with remembering the amazing freedom, love and hope that I've surrounded myself with ....

My willingness to stay free from this demon and not feed it anymore has given me so much spirituality, strength and so much more love than I have ever imagined possible.  I am slowly seeing my body, soul and mind become healthy for the first time in my life.

I am truly blessed.


 photo sob_zps617069f1.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Freedom from the booze and the ugliness it brings it the greatest gift sobriety gives us.

    I'm so happy you. Really really happy.

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete