Friday 16 January 2015


I'm going to visit my parents. They are in town for the weekend for a sisters' birthday.   Normally I'd feel nervous and worried about being around drinking people but I'm not today.   I haven't decided if I'm going to tell them I haven't had a drink in 20 days or if I'll just tell them I'm not feeling good.  I may even  tell them I have to do a long run tomorrow....that one sounds great and it's kinda true. 

At least I can drive there tonight....usually I'd have an excuse for not visiting people, just because I'm drinking on Friday nights.  

I get so worried about telling people that I'm not drinking anymore.  I worry that it leads to disappointment....or I worry that it doesn't work and I start again...then they'd be disappointed.   That's why I'm just gonna be quiet tonight.  Nobody needs to know...but me.

I will pray for strength tonight.....and love.....

Giving into my cravings is not an option ,...just for today....


 photo sob_zps617069f1.jpg

1 comment: