Sunday 11 January 2015

Prayer for Strength....

I've been tested and challenged today.  My cravings for a glass of red wine were extremely strong today.  Kids fought.  Brought them sliding.  They still fought.  I'm trying to keep busy with laundry but what do you do with two kids that are miserable?  I feel miserable now....which is the times I would drink a nice glass of red wine to unwind ...in the past.   I've done my prayer.  I've read other prayers.  I've eaten.  Lots.  I've had lots of water.  I'm just breathing right now.  I'm going to review the 12 steps starting tonight.  I think I've decided to focus on one step per month for the next year.  I really really want this.....I'm so tired of this vicious cycle.  I have to be empowered and stay strong.  








 photo sob_zps617069f1.jpg

2 comments:

  1. You can do this. You're worth the effort. Your kids are worth the effort. My guess is they are picking up on your energy. Could it be that you woke up on edge this morning and they've been feeding off that? There were days early on when I would wake up PISSED and didn't even know it.

    Try just committing to this for 30 days. You can re-evaluate after that. OR if it helps, just tell yourself you're not going to drink tonight...you'll re-evaluate in the morning.

    I don't know if it helps but I know EXACTLY how you are feeling right now...believe me when I say that if I could get through this then I know you can.

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to chime in with Sherry and cheer you on. You are so absolutely worth the effort, and yes, you can do this! It's really good to see you here. Sending you a big hug! xo

    ReplyDelete