Sunday 25 January 2015

...on Winter

Winter.

I dreaded winter for so many years.  It seems like everytime winter came around again, I'd go through a major depression and just wanted to hibernate from the world....like a friggen bear.

Things are different for me today.  Winter is here in Canada.  It's here with a vengeance.   And, for some reason, I'm appreciating it a little more than I ever have.

I read someone's post on a blog a few weeks back on how amazing it was to snuggle up on a cold winter's day with a good book...and I thought....hell yeah!   I love that!  

That's when I decided to change my thoughts about this season.  When you change your negative thoughts into becoming more positive, can you ever appreciate the little things that were missing from your life.  

Winter.

Yes it's cold, but it's here and we can't do nothing to change that.  So, let's embrace it.

I've decided to embrace winter this year.   Here are some pics of some winter, sober fun with my kids.  We've been having so much fun out there.  We laugh,  we play, we love.... and I can honestly say I am fully present.....finally.  


                                      Saturday Snowball Fight









                                                       
                                         

                                         Sunday Night Slidding










Skiing



                                             


                                    Drove by this beautiful park, 
                                       stopped, got out.... 






Skating at the Rink





An Outdoor Run.....it was sunny and awesome!







I have a thing for Bluejays....I got this from my mom....
Taken at her home on the lake








Embrace winter....


 photo sob_zps617069f1.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Jen, this is just beautiful, like your children. Made me cry - tears of joy, for you and for all of us sober mommies. Thanks for sharing.

    Have a great Monday and keep up the good work.

    Hugs,

    SR

    ReplyDelete