Thursday 1 January 2015

The New Me...Day 5

Here I am, working on getting sober again.  I never thought I'd find myself creating another blog about my run for sobriety.  I'm just so damn tired.  I'm exhausted.  Thinking about booze is taking over my life, so much as to where I forget who I am and what's happening around me.  

I am excited this time round.  Third time is a charm right?  

I am also so very happy that I kept my last two blog journeys so that I can reflect on the things I went through and the feelings I felt.  

I've asked God to help me for the last two weeks.  I've asked him to take the burden away from me.  He has done some good work in my soul as I'm feeling different this time around.  Maybe it's just my age and the realization that drinking has so much negative effects on my body and mind.  

This cycle has to stop.....  wake up (feeling like crap), go to work, think about a cold drink for 3 o'clock, cook and drink, get tired and want a nap, eat, go to bed early, wake up feeling like crap....

This is only my 5th day of sobriety and I've isolated myself from the people in my life because they all drink.... I know things will get harder for me, but I also know that I want change.  I want to live in the moment, be aware, and love me.

 photo sob_zps617069f1.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Welcome home!!! I'm glad you're back and in glad you're committed to blogging again. You can do this and you know we'll love you to it.

    Happy New Year!!!

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are back! You sound like you are where I finally got to 2 1/2 yrs ago. The journey is hard, but we'll worth the destination :)

    ReplyDelete